3.14.2008

Prayer to Jesus Crucified

Pope Pius IX granted a plenary indulgence to anyone who, on a Friday during Lent, said this prayer in front of a crucifix. A partial indulgence is granted at any other time during the year. So get to it!

Behold, O kind and sweet Jesus,
I cast myself on my knees in your sight,
and with the most fervent desire of my soul,
I pray and beseech you
to impress upon my heart
lively sentiments of faith, hope, and charity,
with a true repentance for my sins
and a firm desire for atonement,
while with deep affection and grief of soul
I ponder within myself and contemplate
your five most precious wounds
having before my eyes that which David
spoke in prophecy of you,
O good Jesus: They have pierced my hands and my feet, they have numbered all my bones. Amen.
Our Father - Hail Mary - Glory Be
My Jesus, have mercy on me!
Though the merits of your Holy Wounds.

No comments: